Wednesday, March 04, 2009

TeenPact Missouri

Well, as I sit here typing this post I am sitting in somewhat of a lodge, probably not as nice as the one you are thinking of, but a lodge nonetheless. (Is that really one word). I am sitting by a crackling fire listening to worship music. Around me are 41 high school students who are here for the week to learn about government. Yup, you guessed it, I am back at TeenPact. This time around we are actually staying at a camp with all of the students. This is exciting for multiple reasons but the two main reasons is that we get to hang out with the students more, and the second reason is that I get an opportunity to teach more. As I believe I said in my previous TeenPact post, my main job at the TeenPact class is to just supervise and be there in case anything major happens. When nothing major happens, I am mostly a fly on the wall. However, at residential classes I get to teach each night, which has been awesome. I have received some tremendous feedback from my sessions thus far and am excited for my final one tonight. The first night we went through an Introduction to Worldviews and looked at some basic principles of Worldview thinking. Then last night we spent the evening looking at the resurrection of Jesus and seeking to understand if the evidence actually supports a person dying and rising from the dead. Tonight we are going to pursue our greatest goal as Christians which is to disciple other and pass down the truth of Jesus Christ.

One of the reasons I like TeenPact is it sort of gears me up for camp again. This year is going to be very different because Angela will not be at camp the entire time and so that will be more difficult I think, but we can get into that later.

Man, there is so much going on right now as we are officially making the transition to preparing for Mr. Andrew Lynn to enter this world. Angela would say we have been transitioning but we move into a new apartment at the end of this month and we just purchased a new vehicle (new to us). Okay, I said I would talk about it later and I have to go teach. More to come later

Mike

No comments: