Monday, September 27, 2010

End of September

Well we are here at the end of September, the last week of September. There is much going on right now around the office and in our home. I feel like we are much busier this year than we were last year or any other year at this particular time in September. I have been feverishly working at getting our financial books reconciled. When I am gone all summer our credit card itemization and reconciliation of all of our accounts does not happen because well, I just don't have time to do that while I am running camp and spending any time with my family. So, that has been quite the project that has been complicated by numerous glitches from our registration system. I am just at the end of that process and am now working towards catching up all of the miscellaneous tasks that have been put to the side so that I could finish the reconciliation of the accounts. After those tasks I will help in the process of getting ready for our two fall camps coming up in three weeks. Our family will not actually be going to those camps because Angela is due right about that time but we will still be helping them get all of their ducks in a row. Not only that but we are working on getting ready for a Christmas conference this December in Denver for alumni students of Worldview Academy. To go along with that we are working on a staff retreat also to be held in Denver from the 30th of December through the 2nd of January. Like I said, we are sort of busy. It makes me tired just thinking of everything that we are trying to keep moving in the right direction. That is one of the challenges of working with Worldview is that we tend to work more in projects that we have to be faithful in as we work towards a deadline. You cannot be procrastinating because you have to keep all of those parts moving towards the goal. However, it is a great reminder to me that this ministry is not about all of this stuff. It is about God touching people's lives and drawing them closer to Himself. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the details and making sure that everything goes off flawlessly. I just can't get caught up in that. We pay attention to the details so that we can be excellent because He has called us to excellence.

Please continue to pray for us as we serve in the office and tend to all of these details without compromising the point of why we are being faithful in these details. Thank you for your support and prayers.

Mike

No comments: