We serve as core leaders at TeenCBS. During our study of 1 and 2 Thessalonians the Lord spoke to me about how lightly I have been taking the power of the Holy Spirit. In this book of the Bible Paul is speaking to the believing Thessalonians about Christian conduct. Verse 19 is a command “Do not quench the Spirit”. The word “quench” in the original language is a verb sbeÑnnumi meaning to quench, to suppress, stifle. This action of quenching the Holy Spirit was an issue that needed to be addressed in Paul’s time, as well as ours.
The attitude I have recently held was that I was grateful to be indwelled by the Holy Spirit once trusting in Christ, but I did not let this affect my daily life. We are so human to not understand the amazing gift Jesus gave us, His own Spirit to live and WORK in us. I pray to remember to welcome His power, his sanctifying work, and His Truth. Thanks for letting me share that with you! (Additional study- John 14:16-17)
Angela Tiland
No comments:
Post a Comment