Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Camp is Coming

It is hard to believe we are here at the end of March and camp is only two months away. We are beginning to see more registrations come in and our staff is finally hired. We had over 110 applicants for our staff team this summer, which was almost 20% more than we have ever had before. With that increase came a great amount of toil as we prayerfully had to distinguish between highly qualified people. In the end we have hired our 30+ member staff team that comes from all over the nation. We have several staff from Washington, Oregon, many from Texas, Colorado, California, and many other states. We are so excited to see how God is going to use these men and women to impact over 2500 students this summer.

One of the hardest things about the whole hiring process for me (Michael) was in having to say no to certain individuals, many of which were qualified. I had not realized before how difficult that would be to do because in essence God was working through me to communicate His will to those that applied. It really struck me that, though, I hear almost every day that we are to walk in Christ's likeness in every aspect of our lives, and be a light to others, it really struck a new chord with me that in everything that I do, in some way I am representing Christ. What an amazing responsibility that is not only to be diligent in prayer, but to also be filled with His grace. I am certain that the Lord is going to continue to show me more of who He is in the months to come as we prepare for camp.

Please continue to pray for this upcoming summer, both for the students that will be attending and for the staff that will be serving. Also, as Angela and I seek God's will for a place to live next year, please pray for direction in that. Lastly, please pray for our financial support as we are continuing to trust that He will provide the money needed to meet our expenses. God bless you in your day today!

Mike Tiland

No comments: