Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Girls youth Retreat

50 junior high and high school girls this past weekend left for Circle 6, a retreat center 30 miles outside of Midland. The theme was reflect and our guest speaker was a woman who's passion revolved around dancing for God and not for an audience. I was asked to come to the retreat and lead a class on servant leadership for one of the breakout sessions. This was the first time I had the opportunity to teach a class in a formal setting, up to this point I had only lead discussions in a small group setting. It was the most amazing experience! The Lord spoke through me and gave me both grace and favor with the girls. It was encouraging to see the girls take an interest in what servant leadership is and how to influence the culture as Christian women. I pray the girls are taking what they learned this weekend and putting it into practice. Furthermore, I pray they are empowering others with their knowledge to build up more leaders for Christ.

Mike and I are loving our new home church and are getting plugged in. We are so excited about what the Lord is doing in the youth at Stonegate Fellowship and are blessed to be a part of it. It is also extremely rewarding to see how much God is using our Worldview Academy training in other ministries and our church body. Please continue to lift up your prayers for the children we come in contact with through Teen CBC, church, and Worldview academy.

Have a wonderful week!
Angela Tiland

No comments: