Wednesday, May 28, 2008

First Blog of the Summer

All right, so here we are. Time and time again we (or I) say that we will do a better job about updating our blog and still that seems to be a struggle for us. Please forgive our unblogginess, which I know is not a word. But, here we are again and I am going to say again that we will do our absolute best to update this blog at least two times a week with pictures, stories, or just stories of the Lord working in the students' lives.

So, where are we now. Well, right now we are at a small school in Bartlesville, Oklahoma called Oklahoma Wesleyan University. It is a beautiful campus that has been so gracious to us. We are doing our staff training here. It has been an amazing couple of days here so far. It always is amazing to see and meet the staff for the first time and hear where they are from. I think we have one of the most diverse college staff teams that I have ever seen at Worldview Academy. We have staff from all over the country. From Oregon, Washington, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas, Idaho, Missouri, Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, and Qatar. It is amazing to see how each one has different strengths and different weaknesses. The Lord has totally provided an amazing staff. Some of our faculty have already begun to say how great of a staff team this could be. We are so excited.

It always amazes me that God has chosen us to be a part of this ministry. We are so imperfect, such broken vessels, yet God has rescued us and works through us for His kingdom and His glory. I think more than anything else this summer, I am excited to see how the Lord changes lives; changes our staff's lives, changes our students' lives, and changes our lives. Please continue to pray for us and our safety as we travel this summer. We will be leaving here on Saturday morning and heading for Warrensburg, Missouri. We are expecting about 150 students for that week of camp, which will be the most students at the Missouri camp in a number of years. We are so thankful for you and for your support of our ministry. Please continue to check our blog so we can give you updates. God bless you guys!

Mike & Angela Tiland

No comments: