Monday, September 29, 2008

One More Camp

Well, as I write this, I am getting ready to head to dinner here in Austin, Texas as we are at our final camp of the season. We have 135 students here this week and 15 staff that have flown in from all over the country. Our staff have given up a week of work (and pay) or a week of school to spend a week with high school students and help them to understand what it means to have a Biblical worldview. After our opening day yesterday things have settled into more of a groove here.

Fall camp has a much different feel than the camps we do during the summer. We are at an outdoor camp location where they hold sports camps or activities oriented camps during the summer and throughout some of the fall. One of the purposes for doing camp on a college campus is the collegiate feel, and this camp does not have that, but it is a fun change. One of the changes for free time this afternoon was that the students could climb a rock wall or they could go down a zip-line. They all had fun with those two things and are looking forward to the pool tomorrow I would imagine.

Though the setting may be different, the content and the camp program are just the same. We have four faculty here this week that are spending time with the students in lecture.

I have to go print e-mails for the students but I will let you know more of the happenings this evening.

Mike Tiland

No comments: