Wednesday, February 04, 2009

God provides for baby

I just wanted share this amazing story of God's provision in abundant ways. Mike and I co-lead with two other couples a community home group. We have met some really great couples there and have started to grow some really wonderful relationships as we socialize and talk through what God has been teaching us all at church and through life. One of the ladies and I were chatting about the pregnancy and she had asked if we had our baby furniture yet. She then proceeded to offer her own crib she used for her two children. It was very encouraging to have someone offer something so precious to them to someone they had just started getting to know. Mike and I went over to their house for dinner and they offered us not only their crib but also two other pieces of their baby furniture. It was beautiful furniture and such a blessing to us. It was a financial blessing, but more than that, it was so wonderful to see how God works through His people.

We are blessed with a God who cares about us SO much that He first initiated a love relationship with us, then He invited us to join Him in His work, and then He lead us to a place where all we needed and wanted was Him. I am excited to share all the stories of God's provision to our little one some day. I pray he grows up with a deep understanding of how much God loves His children and that we can have complete joy by just being in His presence and will.

Angela

2 comments:

Wandering Knapps said...

Wow, I didn't check your blog for like one week, (Usually that's not a big deal) But now I have a lot to catch up on. I love keeping up with you two even on the little things, since we aren't super close.
Much love.
Jolene

Sommer said...

Hi hon! So glad I found you on here. You are the cutest pregnant chick!!!