Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Financial Support

Well well well, I am here in Oklahoma laying on a bed writing this blog. I am here at the Oklahoma TeenPact and tomorrow I will fly out from here to Boston where I will be spending the weekend with one of our faculty members, Bill Jack. We are doing a home school conference where I will spend the weekend manning a table. Bill is teaching several sessions to the teen homeschool students.

So, back to the title of the post. I wanted to give you an update on our financial support. As most of you know, we have had quite a few medical expenses this year. I had knee surgery back in December that ran us about $6,000 and then Angela is obviously pregnant and that is going to run us about $9,000. God has so graciously provided for these expenses. What some may not realize is that when these expenses come up we actually end up having to pay about $20,000 instead of the $15,000 that make up the actual expenses. Because we are self-employed and contract with Worldview Academy we have to pay self-employment taxes which increases the amount and then we also increase the tithe we give to our church. So even though these expenses have risen, we are so blessed that God has provided the money for these expenses.

The negative part of this equation is that we are still a little short on our monthly expenses for the year. We are still so confident that God is going to provide for us that there is not any anxiety regarding that additional money, we are just excited to see how God is going to work through this. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. We are so grateful for all that you do for us that allow us to be here and serving in this capacity. Please continue to pray for us in this regard.

Mike

No comments: