Monday, February 02, 2009

Updates updates updates

Well well, it has been a couple of days since I last posted anything. Before really going into what we are up to now and all of the exciting things going on in our lives, I want to just try to catch you up with everything that has been happening.

First of all Angela is doing great. She is entering into her sixth month (I can't believe it has been 6 months.... crazy). She is beginning to get some of her energy back , which is great. She is starting to feel our little guy moving more and more. On rare occasions I can eve feel him move if he does it in a very mighty fashion. He is continuing to grow and everything seems to be going well from everything that we have been told. We continue to follow his development in a couple of books that we have, which is fun to have some idea of what is going on inside of Angela. We still don't have a baby room yet, but that is to come.

I am doing very well after knee surgery. The surgery went very well, but the meniscus was more damaged then they had originally thought, so they had to clean out about 2/3 of the meniscus around my right knee. The recovery was actually sort of fun. God really blessed me with people all over the country praying for my recovery. I had a 90 degree range of motion in my knee two days after surgery, which was very exciting. I continued to improve upon my range of motion and after a couple of weeks had my entire range of motion back!! Right now I am working on strengthening my muscles in my leg. It is amazing how in the year that my ACL was torn how my body learned to compensate and not use certain muscles in my leg. That made the muscles atrophy quite a bit and I am still working on getting those muscles rebuilt. So, it is still a work in progress but it is going very well. I am still probably three months away from being able to do sports and being able to run around on it. But I am looking forward to that.

So, our apartment search is going okay. We are in a small one bedroom apartment and though we have searched for more room in the apartment, we have not found any more. So, we are looking for a bigger apartment. We are hoping to stay in the same complex because it is clean and we haven;t had any problems at all. We are not looking for anything huge, even a bigger one bedroom apartment would fit for us. So, we will see, but we both trust that God is going to provide for anything we need. It may not always be what we would ideally like, but it will be what we need.

Well, let's go to finances next shall we. Of course we shall. As most of you are aware we were having to raise some significant support for this coming year to help cover knee surgery, pregnancy, additional expenses, additional tithe, and additional taxes. To make a long story short God has provided in some amazing unexpected ways. We still have some money that we have to raise but we totally trust God to provide. One of the cool things about this year was we had a huge amount of money that we were trying to raise, but unlike past years where we may have been nervous or just anxious to see where God was going to provide, but this year there really has been no fear. If you had asked us three years ago what we would do if we had to raise that money we would have been hesitant to say God couldn't do it, but we would have been trying to do it our way. We would have been very afraid of what would happen if God didn't provide. We know without a doubt that God will provide for our every need and that is such a cool place to be. Please do continue to pray for the remainder of our support to come in as we prepare for this new addition to our family.

In the Worldview office we are busy busy busy. The first of the year is kick off time for us and so it has been fun to get all of our brochures in the office and to send all of that out. We have been getting registrations coming in at a great rate. We have got almost 30 registrations for the month of January which is a fantastic number for us in January. Staff applications are still coming in, though we appear to be short on guy applications at this point. So, we will see what God has in mind for that.

There is so much more to update. Maybe this is why I don't post things because I get burdened by how much there is to share. There is so much going on with church and with traveling. There are some exciting partnerships that we are a part of now and I will hopefully be able to share more soon. Thank you so much for your prayers and your support. You are instrumental to us, we are so grateful for you.

Mike & Angela

No comments: